Terms and conditions
Dear guest, a few important things to remember:
- Your booking deposit is non-refundable
- If you book “non-refundable” rate, then it is indeed non-refundable. No changes are permitted to non-refundable rates.
- ALL guests will be asked for identification on arrival – passport or driving licence – you cannot be checked in without your identification
- We will pre-authorise your card before arrival
- 24 hours cancellation policy applies (must be cancelled by 3pm on the day prior to the arrival date), unless rate with different cancelation policy has been booked
- Light breakfast is included, served 7 till 9.30 am
- Bed linen is provided, you can buy adaptors and rent towels if needed
- For all groups of 6 or more we require a refundable Security Group Deposit of €30.00 per person, payable on arrival.
- Check-in is 3 pm and check-out is 10.30am on the day of departure. All our dorm rooms are allocated on a mixed sex basis unless otherwise requested. Please note that a Twin room has 2 single beds in bunk bed style.
- We welcome under 18’s if they are accompanied by an adult or responsible guardian and stay in a room exclusively for their party.
- Max length of stay is 7 nights
For inclusions and frequently asked questions, have a look at our FAQ’s. Hostel House rules are listed on the bottom of the Terms & Conditions file.
We hope you have a pleasant stay with Barnacles Hostels and if you require any further information please get in touch!
If you have any queries on this, get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Bookings & Reservations
- Customers may make reservations in advance through Hostel website, email telephone and in person.
- When making reservations, customers will be required to provide identification information including their name, address, contact telephone number, and email address.
- Payment details will be required for all reservations. Unless the reservation is expressly stated to require payment at the time of reservation, no payment will be taken until such times as indicated in Clause 3 below.
- Reservations booked in advance do not constitute a legally binding contract between the Hostel and the Customer until the Hostel confirms the reservation with the Customer and provides the Customer with a booking reference.
- Reservations may be changed by the Customer at any time prior to arrival (subject to the cancellation terms below). The Hostel will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate any changes requested but gives no guarantee that all changes will be accommodated.
- Reservations are not required. Customers may make bookings on arrival however the Hostel cannot guarantee the availability of rooms or other facilities for such bookings.
- Customers may request additional nights at the Hostel at any time during their stay. The Hostel will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate such requests.
- Group bookings are bookings for 6 or more people. Special terms govern those bookings:
- You will be required to pay a 50% deposit in order to secure the reservation. You can do this via bank transfer or a secure payment link via Paypal (you do not need to have a Paypal account to do this)
- You can amend the booking as many times you need (depending on availability) until one month before arrival.
- Final breakdown needs to be confirmed one month before the arrival.
- Full payment is required 4 weeks in advance of your arrival.
- Separate to our accommodation cost we also request a refundable Security Group Deposit of €30 per person payable in cash or by card on arrival, this is to cover for the event of damage to our property or complaints of disturbance about your group from other guests.
2. Fees & Payments
- Details of Rates including, where applicable, promotional Rates and other special offers are available from the Hostel website.
- Customers shall pay all sums due upon checking-in at the Hostel. Payment shall be against an invoice and must be made immediately, unless rate requiring pre-payment was booked.
- The Hostel may from time to time offer promotional Rates. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all reservations to which promotional rates apply must be paid in full at the time of booking. Advanced payments are non-refundable.
- Additional charges incurred by the Customer during their stay will be payable as they incurre
- Any deposits, booking fees or charges for extras (such as tours, late-checkout and all other non-accommodation products) are non-refundable.
- The following payment methods are accepted by the Hostel: Cash, Credit and Debit Cards – Visa, Mastercard, Maestro. We do not take American Express.
- 24 Hours notice of the same prior to the check-in time for their reservation. Your deposit is non-refundable
- Non-Refundable bookings cannot be cancelled, and no refund will be issued for those bookings.
- Your cancelation policy may vary depending on bookings source, so make sure you check your cancelation policy when making booking
- During special events and promotions, different cancelation policies will be applicable – these will be communicated to you at time of booking.
- Reservations may be cancelled without further charge provided the Customer gives at least 24 hour cancelation notice (We need to receive your cancelation notice before 3pm day before arrival)
- Failure to provide the required notice of cancellation shall result in the Customer being charged for one night’s accommodation at the Rate specified in their reservation. Any such payment shall be taken immediately using the payment details provided by the Customer when making their reservation.
- Failure to provide the required notice of cancellation shall result in your subsequent nights, if any, being cancelled. So if you are delayed getting to us please call and we can try to amend your booking (subject to availability).
- The Hostel may, from time to time, cancel a reservation. In the event of such cancellation, the Customer shall be informed immediately and shall be offered a full refund of any and all sums paid or offered alternative accommodation of the similar standard.
- Group booking cancelation policy:
- Reservations cancelled one month or longer of the arrival date will not be charged and deposit will be returned in full,
- Reservations cancelled within one month of the arrival date will be charged 50% of the total cost,
- Reservations cancelled within two weeks of the arrival date will be charged 75% of the total cost,
- Reservations cancelled within seven days of the arrival date will charged 100% of the total cost.
- Refund payments will incur a €25.00 administration fee.
4. Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in time at the Hostel is at 3pm.
- Check-out time at the Hostel is 10.30am. Later check-out times may be possible by prior arrangement (and at the Hostel’s discretion), however in the absence of such prior arrangement, failure to check-out by 10.30am may result in the Customer being charged for an additional night’s accommodation at the standard applicable Rate.
- In the event of a pre-arranged late check-out, the Hostel shall charge the Customer for such additional time a set fee, details of which shall be provided to the Customer upon their request for a late check-out time.
- If you are arriving early on your check in day, you are welcome to leave your bag free of charge and use our common facilities until your check in time.
- The Hostel may, from time to time, change these Terms and Conditions without notice, however it will use its reasonable endeavours to inform Customers as soon as is reasonably possible of any such changes.
- The Customer’s rights as a consumer under consumer protection legislation from time to time in force shall not be affected by these Terms and Conditions.
6. Your Data
- Please note we use CCTV in the interest of guest safety & security. We keep CCTV footage stored for 6 weeks. Only managerial staff have access to the CCTV footage. If required by law that footage may be shared with relevant authorities.
- Your personal data may be shared with relevant authorities If so required by law
- You have a right to access personal data relating to you; right to correct any mistakes in your personal data ; the right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing ; the right to restrict or prevent your personal data being processed ; the right to have your personal data ported to another data controller; the right to erasure and the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner if you believe we have not handled your personal data in accordance with the data protection legislation.
- Data Access: In order to send you data we have about you, we will require Full name, address, proof of ID and nature of connection with us
- Customers will need to provide dates when stayed with us
- Employees will need to provide dates of employment
- We will endeavour to respond within the 28 days of request received date
- You can require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data, which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- Email us on designated contact email
- Let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. name, nature of your data relationship, dates stayed or worked with us etc).
- Let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
- You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please email us with your request. You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take up to five days for this to take place.
- In accordance with data processing legislation, you may request that we stop processing your personal data temporarily if:
- You do not think that your data is accurate (but we will start processing again once we have checked and confirmed that it is accurate).
- The processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase your data.
- We no longer need the personal data for our processing, but you need the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to processing because you believe that your interests should override the basis upon which we process your personal data.
- If you exercise your right to restrict us from processing your personal data, we will continue to process the data if:
- You consent to such processing.
- The processing is necessary for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The processing is necessary for the protection of the rights of other individuals or legal persons.
- The processing is necessary for public interest reasons.
- In accordance with data protection legislation, you may ask for an electronic copy of your personal data that you have provided to us and which we hold electronically, or for us to provide this directly to another party. This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to us – it does not extend to data generated by us.
- In accordance with data protection legislation, you can ask us to erase your personal data where:
- You do not believe that we need your personal data in order to process it for the purposes set out in this policy.
- If you had given us consent to process your personal data, you withdraw that consent and we cannot otherwise legally process your personal data.
- You object to our processing and we do not have any legal basis for continuing to process your personal data.
- Your data has been processed unlawfully or have not been erased when it should have been.
- The personal data have to be erased to comply with law.
- We may continue to process your personal data in certain circumstances in accordance with data protection legislation.
- If you do not think that we have processed your personal data in accordance with this policy, please contact us in the first instance. If you are not satisfied, you can complain to the DPC or exercise any of your other rights pursuant to data protection legislation. Information about how to do this is available on the DPC website at dataprotection.ie.
- Data Access: In order to send you data we have about you, we will require Full name, address, proof of ID and nature of connection with us
- Job applications for position advertised by Barnacles Hostels: CVs are received and shortlisted for interview. They are all kept until position has been filled. As position is filled, they are deleted and shredded. Interview notes are shredded once candidate has been chosen
- Unsolicited CVs: We will keep CVs for max of 30 days at which point they will be deleted from our emails or shredded if given in person
- If you shared content on our Social media channels, tagged us, or took photo of or in one of our buildings, we may ask you for permission to share them on official channels. We will not share them without your permission.
- Have a look at our website data policy if you want to know more about cookies we store on your computer and how to change these settings
- Please co-operate with reception staff, night porters and security staff at all times. They are here for your and everyone else’s comfort and safety. We will not tolerate abusive or aggressive behaviour towards other guests or towards staff.
- Customers are required to conduct themselves in a reasonable and responsible manner at all times when on Hostel property and must not act in any way which may disturb other guests. Failure to adhere to this requirement may result in a Customer being asked to leave the Hostel with no refund of any fees paid.
- Valid photo identification in the form of a Driving License or Passport is required for check in
- You must present your Security Card Pass to Night staff to prove your residency and gain access after midnight. No Pass, No entry.
- Please carry your Security Card Pass at all times during your residency.
- No alcohol to be consumed on the premises.
- No smoking, vaping or consumption of illegal substances on the premises.
- Noise at night must be kept to an absolute minimum- this means no congregating in corridors or outside disturbing other guests.
- No tampering with fire and safety equipment.
- No food or drink in the rooms or outside the kitchen area.
- No visitors allowed on the hostel premises, only registered guests go past reception and the lobby. One person per bed.
- You are responsible for the safe storage of your personal belongings. Safety deposit boxes are available at reception.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the hostels. This is endorsed by No Smoking in the Workplace legislation introduced by the Irish Government in 2004 to safeguard the health of employees in the workplace.
- No animals are allowed in the Hostel with the exception of guide dogs.
- Children under the age of 18 may not stay at the Hostel unless accompanied by an adult aged at least 18. Children under the age of 18 are only allowed to stay in private rooms or dormitory rooms that are booked for use of one family or group of persons. Children under 18 years of age cannot share dormitory rooms with other guests that are not part of the family or group. Failure to adhear to this rule will result in automatic Cancellation with no refund given.
- Customers shall be charged for any and all damage caused by them to any Hostel property during their stay.
- Failure to adhere to the house rules shall result in the Customer being charged for any and all costs incurred by the Hostel