St Patricks day in Ireland is awesome
5 reasons why everyone wants to be Irish on St Patrick’s Day
St Patrick’s Day or Paddy’s Day (but never, ever, Patty’s Day) is celebrated world wide, with everyone embracing and celebrating their (imagined or real) Irishness. We combined some of the reasons why it’s awesome to be Irish on St Patrick’s Day, but we hope you will visit us on your travels through Ireland on any other day of the year as well – Barnacles hostel in Temple Bar and hostel in Galway are perfect choices for budget travellers and modern backpackers!
5. Because entire world turns green!
— Dublin Airport (@DublinAirport) March 17, 2013
4. Yes, even your beer!
3. Because it’s perfectly acceptable to dress up like this:
Lets face it, St Patrick’s day is just like Halloween in green
2. Because even cupcakes are celebrating
1. Because of the parade!
0. (The Obvious) Guinness
On any given day 5.5 million pints of Guinness, are consumed around the world. But on St. Patrick’s Day, that number more than doubles to 13 million pints!
We hope you will join us for St Patrick’s celebrations in both Dublin and Galway hostel this year! As we are the best located hostels, you will always be in the heart of action! Often, party will be happening everywhere around you!
Our Irish hostels have all rooms ensuite, light breakfast is included and plenty of fun events are organized through out the week in each of our hostels. Paddy’s day is unique experience, and you really need to be in Ireland for it!
This is handy guide with essential Irish for St Patrick’s day, scribble it down on paper and have it handy for instant “Irishness”!
1. Babhta eile, mar sin? - Another round, then?
2 An bhfuil tú ag iarraidh mo Lucky Charms? - Are you after my lucky charms?
3. Lá fhéile Pádraig sona duit! - Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!
4. Tá Cloch na Blarnan pógtha agam! - I’ve been kissing the Blarney Stone!
5. An bhfuil sé singil? - Is he single?
6. An bhfuil sí singil? - Is she single?
7. Tabhair póg dom, is Éireannach mé! - Kiss me, I’m Irish!
8. B’Éireanach é an naoiú leas-chol ceathrar liom. - My ninth step-cousin was Irish…
9. Is Éireanach mé… go dona! - No really… I’m Irish!
10. Is Éireanach gach éinne ar Lá Fhéile Phádraig! - On St. Patrick’s Day, everyone is Irish!